Literary Quote

A word is dead when it is said, some say. I say it just begins to live that day.

Emily Dickinson

Monday, August 11, 2008

My new obsession


If you know me at all you'll know I have obsessions. Reading is my constant obsession while movies come and go. Here's the movie of the month, North and South. Such a great story from the book by Elizabeth Gaskell. So well done, gorgeous and well written, I'd recommend this to anyone. It's hard for me to believe that such restrained passion existed simply because of decorum. It drives me crazy to watch two people fight against the feelings they have for one another. Then again, my favorite book is Pride and Prejudice. Go watch this then weigh in.

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

I am excited to watch this! I too get "addicted" to certain movies/books. My obsession last year, was Masterpiece Theater's 2006 adaptation of "Jane Eyre"...that Mr. Rochester...yowza! There is nothing I enjoy more than "restrained passion"...makes for a great read/movie!

P.S. It is fun seeing pictures of your parents...they look great!

Shellee said...

I LOVE books, I have a huge list of them at the bottom of my blog page that I have read this year.
I am going to have to read this book! Thanks for the recommendation. I am in the middle of Silas Marner (George Eliot's) and I have about 5 others to read before I get to read yours. I'll let you know what I think!

P.S. Jane Austen's the best!

Shellee said...

P.P.S. The Scarlet Pimpernel has been my favorite book since I was 12... before you even knew me!